40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

Can I use these bed risers?

More
7 years 11 months ago #1288 by Lrae
Can I use these bed risers? was created by Lrae
I would like to try IBT and I was wondering if these bed risers would work (see link below). I have a Sleep Comfort queen size bed that is over 10 years old. The bed frame has five legs (one on each corner and one in the middle). Could I buy this set of bed risers and stack the 3 inch and 5 inch bed risers to raise the two bed legs at the head of the bed by 7.25 inches (the risers are recessed .75 inches)? Once the two legs are raised, I could see how much the fifth leg is raised above the floor and I could support it with a piece of wood or maybe with one of the extra risers, since the set comes with four 3 inch risers and four 5 inch risers.

smile.amazon.com/STRUCTURES-Heavy-Multi-...1&smid=AOFIBMXVIVCJ6

It is not easy to find bed risers that come in 6 inch heights since they all are recessed at the top so the true raised height is under 6 inches. And I think IBT advises a height of 6 to 8 inches, correct?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1289 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Can I use these bed risers?
Yes, those look good from the images. You could also have some timber blocks cut to size and have a large recess drilled in the top and a plywood square glued and screwed to the bottom as a foot. Most timber merchants will cut you the sizes you require for a nominal fee and the timber is inexpensive.
inclinedbedtherapy.com/faq/122-how-can-i...inclined-bed-therapy

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Andrew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lrae

More
7 years 11 months ago #1290 by Lrae
Replied by Lrae on topic Can I use these bed risers?
Thanks for your quick response Andrew. I will see what size wood pieces I will need to 1) support my bed's headboard, which is screwed to the bed frame (headboard base rests on the floor) and 2) support the fifth middle leg of the bed frame. Since the bed riser set comes with eight risers (four 3 inch and four 5 inch), should I stack two 3 inch risers to make a 6 inch riser for each of the two bed legs at the top of the bed? That would raise the head of the bed by 5.25 inches (because each riser has a .75 inch recessed top) and is that high enough or do I need to raise the bed a full 6 inches? I could try and stack the 3 inch and 5 inch riser and raise the head of the bed by 7.25 inches, but is that too high? Thank you again for your valuable advice and once I have my bed set up, I will report any health benefits.

More
7 years 11 months ago #1292 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Can I use these bed risers?
You can always add a piece of timber under the risers to raise to correct height when used to sleeping inclined. 7.25" is about right but you can check it against the right angle calculator or use the inclinometer app to be sure.

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lrae