40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

How to safely implement IBT?

More
2 years 7 months ago #1596 by Peter
How to safely implement IBT? was created by Peter
Hello Andrew,

I would like to help a person with multiple problems improve his health with IBT.
He has high blood pressure, restless legs, dizziness, sciatica pain. - Gernerally "nerves" are his problems.
I was wondering, if I need to be careful when recommending IBT? Especially I think you mentioned somewhere, IBT might have unpredictable (good or bad) effects on blood pressure.
How would you proceed in this case? Start with a low angle and slowly work up, always checking how he feels?

Thank you for any guidance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #1597 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic How to safely implement IBT?
Generally, IBT woks well with the conditions you have listed. It is good practice to monitor weight, Urine output/colour/odour. This can also be tested using strips that are dipped in Urine sample. These can be found in chemists, online and Ebay. We use them occaionally to check dogs for issues.
A simple Sphygmomanometers with cuff and good quality stethoscope (best to get these from Ebay. By far the ost accurate means of measuring blood pressure. Make sure your friend gets the right sized Cuff for his arm. Too large and can give inaccurate readings. Avoid all electronic machines. (only good for selling BP drugs :) These tend to give inaccurate readings, always on the very high side.
As you suggest, it is alsways prudent to start at a lower angle and ease into the higher angle after a few weeks.

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

More
2 years 7 months ago #1598 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic How to safely implement IBT?
Thank you, Andrew, for your helpful advice!
Thank you also for the tip with the Sphyygmomanometer.
I have listened to several of your interviews and find the depth of your information, but also your perserverance and humble demeanor very admirable. You are already improving lives, that you don't even know of. And even though I understand your desperation that IBT is only known/practiced by a miniscule percentage of the population, the good news is, the numbers are always increasing. You have layed the groundwork and everyone who finds out about IBT can be thankful to you.
You have truly done great work and you can sleep with a very good coscience. Well done, Andrew!