40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

Lower Back Pain after Bed Incline

• MrBlue1234
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #1582 by MrBlue1234
Lower Back Pain after Bed Incline was created by MrBlue1234
I suffer from GERD and I have tried inclining my bed several times over the years but each time my lower back starts to hurt after a few days where it becomes unbearable and I have to revert to a flat bed. I was wondering if someone had any suggestions on how I could alleviate my lower back issues while maintaining an inclined bed.

If I prop up my legs with pillows this seems to help with the pressure on my lower back but this position is very uncomfortable to maintain the entire night.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #1583 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Lower Back Pain after Bed Incline
Would you be using a memory foam mattress by any chance?

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1585 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Lower Back Pain after Bed Incline
Yes. We tried a memory foam mattress, which gave my Wife and I a bad back (Lower) So we gave it to our son and his partner, who both sleep inclined also. Both of them complained about a bad back, so pretty conclusive. The mattress went to the tip.
Today we sleep on a natural fiber mattress with a spring core. which the manufacturers guarantee for life and it is serving us well. On top of this we have a duck down and feather topper, which is heavenly.

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Andrew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrBlue1234, KristinHodges