ibt bed angle 140px

Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) Forum

Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Discussion. 

First 3 posts will be reviewed before publication.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is the Best Mattress for Inclined Sleep?

What is the Best Mattress for Inclined Sleep? 1 week 1 day ago #1496

Greetings Dr. Andrew Fletcher & the rest of the members of this forum,

I've been researching and looking into Inclined Sleep Therapy for general health reasons. I don't have any medical conditions or problems but I would like to prevent any from appearing in the future. One question that has made me scratch my head is "What is the Best Mattress for Inclined Sleep"? Dr. Fletcher, I remember in one of these forum threads that you mentioned about memory foam mattresses and how they were bad for our backs & sleeping. I currently have been sleeping on a memory foam mattress for over a year now and I was thinking of purchasing another one for my inclined bedframe.

If a memory foam mattress isn't the way to go then what type of mattress should I purchase? What type of mattress is the best or very good for someone like me with no health problems? Please answer at your earliest convenance. I would like to know what I need to buy when I go mattress shopping.

Sincerely,
Malachi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What is the Best Mattress for Inclined Sleep? 1 week 23 hours ago #1497

• Andrew
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 29
Hi Malachi, first of all I'm an engineer not a Dr.

Avoid memory foam or latex foam as this will not support your weight correctly and leads to back ache. Also causes us to overheat. A good quality sprung mattress will be a far better choice. Ours is a sprung mattress with natural fibre fillings, mostly wool, it is very heavy.
Avoid also the so called pillow top type mattress. These cannot be rotated as padding is on one side only.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds