40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

Back Ache after IBT

More
5 years 6 months ago #1491 by mdbh
Back Ache after IBT was created by mdbh
Hello Everyone,
I inclined my bed 3 inches (I figured I would go up slowly) a month ago. I was mainly looking for relief from autoimmune, thyroid and neurological symptoms. However, 2 weeks into it started to develop a very strong low back pain. I did read the article regarding does it get worse before it gets better. And although It makes I don't know if this applies to my case. My questions are as follows:
1) How do I know that this is part of getting better given that I haven't had any other noticeable improvement in my health?
2) How long do I wait?
3) Would it make sense to raise the bed to the indicated 6 inches instead of going back to flat?
I really want to give this a fair chance to work.
Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #1492 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Back Ache after IBT
Do you have an established problem with your spine? What other health issues are you trying to resolve?

Perhaps, the 3 inch raise is not sufficient to ease your spine into alignment?

The first two weeks can be a problem, though this is mostly reported by people who have gone for a five degree angle from the onset. At your incline, which around half of the IBT incline, it may be taking much longer to help with the traction and you could be experiencing over a longer period?

It does make sense to raise your bed higher, but do expect some discomfort as a trade off initially.

Here's a check list to help you monitor for changes. inclinedbedtherapy.com/research/92-sympt...ined-bed-therapy-ibt

Thanks for posting your progress, very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Andrew

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.