ibt bed angle 140px

Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) Forum

Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Discussion. 

First 3 posts will be reviewed before publication.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Neck and Back Pain When Sleeping on an Incline

Neck and Back Pain When Sleeping on an Incline 2 months 1 week ago #1487

Is sleeping on an incline contraindicated for anyone? When I tried sleeping on an incline, I slid down the bed and felt like I was climbing back up all night long. In addition, my hips and lower back hurt, as well as my neck and upper back. I couldn't figure out how to put pillows under my neck in a comfortable fashion while inclined. My neck was raised up too much and hurt. Sleeping without a pillow hurt as well.

I tried using an inflatable wedge product under the head of my bed. Had the same pain problems in the same places.

Any help and advice is appreciated to help me address all of these issues.

One more thing. When I slept on the incline, in the morning it felt like blood was pooling in my legs. It took a little stomping in the mornings to get thing flowing right again. Is this normal, and is it okay?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Neck and Back Pain When Sleeping on an Incline 2 months 1 week ago #1488

• Andrew
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 29
Hi Suzie, thank you for posting.
It may be prudent to begin by raising your bed half the normal height for a few weeks. This will help you to get used to the differences.

This post covers the differences with IBT and how it changes your posture. inclinedbedtherapy.com/research/135-symp...ined-bed-therapy-ibt

Memory foam mattresses and indeed foam wedges are not good, whether inclined or flat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!
Last edit: by Andrew.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds