40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

Simple, stable and elegant (if I may) solution to inclining the bed

• fresedo
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #1486 by fresedo
I live in an earthquake area and while I had used blocks to temporarily experiment with different heights I needed more stable solution. My bed is solid wood frame, I drilled two holes into each leg and used bolts with nuts to attach extra legs that are 7'' longer than the original ones. The new legs are vertical and beveled 5 degrees at the top so the bottom sits flat on the floor and the beveled top side supports fully the frame. I used similar kind of wood the frame is made from and it looks almost like they are the original legs. Also they can be easily removed and re-bolted again if necessary, a feature I used a few times. See my post "After two and a half months", which I will be updating shortly since I inclined my bed again with better results.
The pictures below should give a better idea.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #1493 by Andrew
I like your idea, very neat and stable.

The simplest ideas are always more impressive and yours ticks all the boxes.

Thanks for sharing

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.