40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

IBT since 2012

• chimelle
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #1460 by chimelle
IBT since 2012 was created by chimelle
Five years ago (Jan 2012) I was desperate to find a way to alleviate the problems I had with wheezing /whistling while breathing, especially when I went to bed. This problem always started with me getting a cold or flu that didn’t pass. A couple of times it went on for months, and it affected my overall health since I couldn’t sleep sufficiently. I went to the doctor’s office who stated that this was probably asthma and to prevent this I was to inhale daily doses of cortisone.

Since I was used to trying out alternative solutions for ailments and such (nowadays they call it biohacking), I decided to search the internet for anything that could help me improve my breathing and avoiding taking cortisone. I found Andrew’s site about IBT, and also a couple of posts elsewhere about asthma being improved through inclining the bed.

The next night I wedged my side of the bed with pillows underneath the mattress and my partner slept on the sofa, since we were both having the flu and I was wheezing. He told me that I hadn’t snored at all that night (we both do occasionally snore, but he’s a light sleeper and gets very easily disturbed). I usually woke up with aching feet and feeling stiff, like I was 80 not 40, but this morning there was no pain. I continued to surf the internet after solutions to raise the bed instead of using the pillows and I asked my partner if he wanted to try it and even if he was a bit suspicious he said he would give it a go.

I used big cardboard boxes and duct tape, since I had nothing else to use. I cut them, assembled them, and raised the feet under the headboard (5 cm). The next day my partner said he’d slept very well and he stopped snoring. He usually went up once at night to go to the bathroom, but that stopped immediately. After a week or so the bed was raised 10 cm, and after two weeks at 17,5 cm.

We have continued sleeping on the incline since then we’ll continue to do so. Some of the changes:

- I very seldom have problems sleeping due to wheezing. The cold/flu-induced asthma has never come back in the same manner after the bed was inclined.
- I used to wake up feeling cold and stiff, but that has disappeared altogether. Mostly I feel supple getting up from bed.
- I often had migraines and had to stay in bed for a couple of days, the only thing that really helped was sleeping the migraines away. I still get headaches from time to time, but painkillers do help me now.
- When we started IBT my partner was a long distance runner. After a 2-3 hour run, he came home and did some stretching, showered, and then went to bed watching a movie and snacking while recuperating. We both did this after a hard workout and called it “IBT-ing”.
- I had problems with water retention, today I know I’ll be swollen due to things I eat, but it’s not a chronic condition.

IBT is not my only solution – but it is a very important part of my health regimen. I can’t see anything but benefits to improving and maintaining a good circulation. I know that every time I get to bed my body will regenerate and I see this as an investment for the years to come (I started this at age 43).

Thank you, Andrew for providing us with the information and knowledge.
Chimelle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #1461 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic IBT since 2012
Thank you for your report and testimonial, which is heart warming to read. I'm sure this will help others to experiment with IBT.

Andrew

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.