40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

Reduction of respiratory diseases after using IBT

More
6 years 5 months ago #1429 by Topr
Dear all,

this topic is mostly directed to you, who are using IBT for few months or longer. I am just curious if can sleeping in the slope improve overall health in case of respiratory diseases. For example do you have an experience that the frequency of these disorders was reduced after using IBT? Theoretically, there should by some kind of connection in between, because IBT helps in breathing improvement, reduction of toxins from the system or just improves blood flow in the tissue.

I am just curious in this topic, because as autumn starts, I suffer from these respiratory diseases regularly. It is not the only issue, I want to try IBT for, thats why I am asking if you have experience.

Best regards,
Topr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #1432 by Ani-Boo
Hello Topr

I started to have my bed on a permanent incline about 2 years ago. I'd been having a lot of breathing problems at night, including sleep apnoea symptoms and acid reflux. I can honestly say that I no longer have these problems. It also deals with my leg oedema, which suggests to me that it is beneficial to sleep this way for the sake of whole body circulation. A kind of nocturnal restoration for the body.

Even prior to raising my bed, I used to feel compelled to raise my upper body with umpteen pillows whenever I had breathing problems from colds, and on the occasion that I had pleurisy. When the illnesses went, though, I would reduce down to 1 pillow and sleep flat again (which seems crazy to me now).

Regardless of whether it's improving my health, sleeping with the head of my bed raised feels so natural and comfortable to me. I think that it helps me to sleep better. Also, I don't seem to suffer from colds any more. I get the sniffles or a sore throat very occasionally, which feels like I might have a cold coming, but it never seems to develop any further. I put this down to sleeping inclined.

Up until 10 days ago I had my bed raised on blocks that my husband made for me. Now I've bought myself a purpose-built inclined wooden bed frame. I'm convinced enough of the efficacy of inclined bed rest that I've put my money where my mouth is. I'll never sleep flat again. I'm one of those people who think that sleeping inclined is a form of wisdom that has been forgotten over the centuries, and that everyone would benefit from sleeping this way.

I hope that this is of help to you. It can't hurt to try it. Good luck.

Best wishes,

Ani-Boo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #1433 by Andrew
Hi, Thanks for posting.
I shared your post on our Facebook group and have received replies to your question.

Chiteira Selent "we're all different, but two things have made a massive difference for me - raising the head of the bed and nasal strips. nasal strips stop me coughing all the time from allergy. raising the head of the bed has changed my entire life and the results were pretty quick and have been long lasting. i used to have frequent bouts of struggling to breathe - some during the day but mostly during the night. most nights i would only sleep a few hours before waking unable to breathe and then get out of bed. the improvement was immediate - first night i slept longer and from memory, i think it was only about three weeks or a month till i was sleeping through most nights. it's been about two years now and all is still good. it has been a lasting solution."

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Andrew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Topr

More
6 years 1 day ago #1463 by Topr
Hi Andrew and Ani-Boo,

thank you for your response. It seems that it really works in this kind of issue. Thank you Andrew for posting this topic into IBT facebook site. There appeared more comments related to this. I will for sure soon give it a try!

Actually, my problems are since my youth I was having allergies and asthma. During the time, it improved little bit, but I am still easily catching any respiratory infection, I mostly have problems with sinuses. As I remember, there was also one related testimonial connected to sinus problem. Second thing is that as I moved to Warsaw in Poland, my respiratory problems started to occur more frequently. The quality of air in the city is during winter season really bad, I read an article that the level of air pollution in some polish cities is as high as in Beiging or New Delhi. I am gonna try to incline my bed and inform you about my successes with my problems. I will also spread IBT technique to others, because when I am reading the testimonials of people, it is really awesome to see for how many disorders and ailments it can help.

Thank you much, Andrew, for all the things that you are doing. And also I want to congratulate you for the nomination to TED.

Best regards,
Martin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

More
6 years 6 hours ago #1464 by Andrew
Your welcome Martin, hope to hear more from you over the coming months.

Andrew

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!