40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

Post op recovery

• Laight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1417 by Laight
Post op recovery was created by Laight
Hi all, can you help me please. My mother is due out of hospital shortly after a knee replacement. I think ibt will help her to heal more quickly. Because she is 85 years old Im wondering wether her bed should be raised in increments or should i go straight to the 6ins ?
Cheers
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #1418 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Post op recovery
Hi Geoff, start by raising your Mothers bed by half the intended height. See the chart in the FAQ menu for the height of the bed. Then raise to correct height after she gets used to it. I think this will aid her recovery too.

Andrew

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!

• Laight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1419 by Laight
Replied by Laight on topic Post op recovery
Thanks Andrew. Love what you are doing. My mum was in Torbay hospital. If I remember correctly you spoke to a surgeon there about ibt. Just wondering who that was ?

More
6 years 7 months ago #1420 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Post op recovery
Peter Lewis a senior vascular surgeon now working in Cardiff Hospital. Also another surgeon called Celeste from Trinidad. Met them both at Peter's home.

Also had a meeting with the bed manager at Torbay Hospital.

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!