40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

Varicose Veins & Oedema Results Using Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) "Raising the head end of the bed by six inches"

Varicose Vein Oedema Inclined Bed Therapy Study Alternative to Surgery

More
8 years 11 months ago #355 by Andrew
Unnaked Patient
Re: Varicose Veins & Oedema Study Inclined Bed Therapy IBT Alternative to Surgery
« Reply #301 on: 13/03/2010 21:58:57 »
Started IBT last September. At that time, I made reference to a nutritional publication, which unfortunately is no longer in print. No possible posting of links, obviously.
Since old habits are difficult to break, my IBT was rather sporadic initially. Even so, had some improvements to my vv's. Had a bad cold with a touch of bronchitis middle of February. Stopped me smoking cold, and that without any withdrawal symptoms at all. Perhaps IBT had something to do with it. If so, from a pack a day to zero - not bad at all.
Waiting for summer, as my vv's were worse then. A bit reluctant to post pictures, they really do lack appeal. Will see. BTW, whether my vv's will disappear this summer, next year, or gradually over a number of years, makes no difference to me. Just happy to know that regardless of age (67), I indeed can make them disappear by following IBT on a regular basis. Gives a totally different outlook on this situation.

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #356 by Andrew
Quote from: frankwest12345 on 13/03/2010 20:20:27

Hi Andrew, thanks for the comments. My armchair does indeed seat me lower than my knees so I have added some cushions to it. I usually do an eight mile walk three or four times a week, the only time I missed that was when we had the snow - maybe a couple of weeks at most.

I have already adapted to the eight inch bed height - interestingly, I find myself less inclined to stay in bed once I wake up, and find myself getting up as soon as it is light.

I will start compression stockings whilst sleeping, see if that helps.

I am now on day two of Serrapetase (60,000iu three times a day before food) and will also be adding Cayenne (inc Hawthorn) pills as this is reputed to have a highly stimulating effect on circulation.

BTW my mother's side of the family suffers from vv, my uncle had huge ones in both his legs but actually lived to 98, so we are talking bad genes here so if I can get rid of them anyone can (I am 53 BTW)... see what happens next

Made an error in previous post abut calf muscles, should have said back of thigh muscles just above the knee www.rwc.uc.edu/ap/LL17.JPG Note in the image the locations of the vessels just above the knee.

Pressure in this area could well be responsible for the swelling of veins during the daytime.

I have a new forum now on www.inclinedbedtherapy.com that is being updated regularly. The forum has a section for varicose veins and oedema and could use some input.

More
8 years 11 months ago #357 by Andrew
Varicose Vein Photos
March 6th 2010 - photo taken midday, natural light, two-three inches from the leg. Photo not altered, Sony 10.1 megapixel camera on highest settings, no zoom.

Varicose veins on the knee, lower leg and side of the leg next to knee, after six months with IBT at six inches and no real changes.

Very cold winter may have hindered progress and have been told that sitting with knee higher than upper leg in armchair will have retarded progress. Have added cushions to rectify latter...

Have just realised that the way I sit - left foot on floor and right leg crossed over left thigh - explains why most of the vv's are in the right leg, if the theory of having the leg higher than the groin does indeed encourage vv (rather than as normal theory would have it helps).

I am 53 years old and mothers side of family have history of varicose veins, uncle lived to 98 but had huge vv in both legs, so genetics at play here.

Inclined Bed Therapy is supposed to help a number of health problems including varicose veins, there is a thread here that explains in more detail. I have now increased the bed height to eight inches and am taking Serrapetase at 60,000iu three times a day before meals.
March 23rd 2010 - photo taken midday, natural light, two-three inches from the leg. Photo not altered, Sony 10.1 megapixel camera on highest settings, no zoom.

This is two weeks with IBT at eight inches and taking Serrapetase three times a day before meals (60,000iu each time).

I am also into the fith day of taking Swanson's Super Cayenne (225mpg Cayenne, Ginger root 100mg, Hawthorn 100mg), four tablets twice a day after meals - this is reputed to have a very startling effect on circulation and has been used to revive people having a heart attack!

The veins are still very visible and bulging but the photos do show more progress than I actually thought was going down. So promising so far.

March 30th 2010 - photo taken midday, natural light, two-three inches from the leg. Photo not altered, Sony 10.1 megapixel camera on highest settings, no zoom.

Not much progress here but I would say that some of the small bumps and lumps on the lower leg have improved.

Next photo on April 15th - after that I will be on holiday, sleeping on a normal bed so it will be interesting to see if that affects the veins badly or not. I will still be taking the supplements.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #358 by Andrew
Frank, thanks for providing photographs. The results so far are pretty impressive IMHO.
Very useful having photographs of before and after.
The latest photograph is showing considerable improvements over the previous two. Thanks for updating.
Just had a call from a lady who mentioned you had updated your progress.
Hope your not stuck in the volcanic dust cloud while on holiday :)

Andrew

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Andrew.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #359 by Andrew
trpdpetcraftproject
to me show details 11:48 AM (12 hours ago) 02/10/2010 08:03:07

Dear TRPD Member
It is with great sadness that we have to inform you that Al, or Old Dragon as most of us affectionately knew her has passed away suddenly. I know Al will be greatly missed by all who knew her and all the rescues she worked so tirelessly on behalf of. Several threads have been started in tribute to Al, please come and join us in remembering this remarkable lady
http://Http://petcraftproject.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=resqgen&action=display&thread=19444&page=1

Viv and all at TRPD

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Andrew.

More
8 years 11 months ago #360 by Andrew
salta
« Reply #312 on: 05/12/2010 10:22:35 »
Hi, new to this forum. About 22 weeks into 3rd pregnancy I developed several quite bad leg varicose veins as well as a mass of spider veins. Some areas on the backs of my legs look like they have been hit with a cricket bat! I am very sad about it as my legs look very changed. Anyway, despite the constant 31 c and high humidity we live in, I am now having to wear graduated compression stockings every minute of the day as legs are very uncomfortable these days. I am now 25 weeks pregnant.

Anyway never having had this problem before I have searched the internet for any clues as to what might help. IBT does seem very interesting.

I have started sleeping with the bed raised about 4 inches at the top 2 weeks ago and then a week ago we raised it again to 7 inches. So its been two weeks now....not really noticed much difference except for the decrease in the need to pee during the night and husband's snoring has improved. I am drinking more water on purpose and using air con at night to assist the evaporation. I would post photos of my legs but I'm currently too upset by them, and the thought they may remain like this, to do this. When/if I see a good improvement I'll post the photos to give hope to others - especially as this thread doesn't seem to have covered much on vvs in pregnancy, yet it is very common and really uncomfortable. I also hope this is a safe thing to do in pregnancy!??
I am a bit concerned that not many people visit this thread anymore. I hope the improvements seen by Alun etc. have lasted and that new people might post their successes or failures to help give a clearer picture of what's realistic. Thanks

More
8 years 11 months ago #361 by Andrew
Instructional video showing how to convert a wooden framed bed for Inclined Bed Therapy for around £11.00

Easier than you might think.

Hope you enjoy the video

Happy Holidays

Andrew

More
8 years 11 months ago #362 by Andrew
10/03/2013 16:17:43 »

Modify
Remove

It's been a while since Inclined Bed Therapy was introduced to this forum and thought it is a good time to ask for progress updates from those of us using IBT.

A new page on Facebook has stimulated some very interesting results and I hear from new people testing IBT almost every day with the same predictable positive results.

For those of you who have not yet heard about what IBT is and has already achieved for people with multiple sclerosis.

Inclined Bed Therapy has been shown to improve health and wellbeing of the many who have tried.
It's simple! raise the head of your bed by 6 inches and sleep on it!

Inclined bed therapy is where one's bed is raised 6 to 8 inches at the head by using bricks, wedges, or blocks to raise it (even books). This can have a positive effect on your health and help with many disorders including:- Spinal cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis, back pain, Circulatory problems, acid reflux or GERD, sinus and respiratory disorders, sleep apnea, low metabolism, edema in the legs, and many others.

Its free to try for everyone. Feel free to tell your friends and families. Inclined Bed Therapy has brought a new lease of life to thousands and it can help you!

Inclined Bed Therapy should only be used as part of a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle includes following a healthy diet, maintaining a healthy weight, and being physically active.

You can find us on facebook.com/inclinedbedtherapy where you can share experiences, ask questions and learn more about how this simple non-invasive FREE therapy can help you and your family.

Andrew K Fletcher (Originator of IBT)

More
8 years 11 months ago #363 by Andrew
Kitri
My experience with IBT
« Reply #319 on: 03/04/2013 23:01:30 »

I wish I would have known about your blog before now. I was using IBT for at least three years until I recently moved to a new home. Since then I have been sleeping on a flat bed and propping myself up when I want to lie on my back. In 1995 I had my gall bladder removed, and since then I have had GERD. About three years ago I put the head of my bed on the 6" riser cubes and began this experiment. The gerd symptoms did improve substantially in the first several months. Unfortunately my lower back hurt very often as a result. My husband tried to sleep this way, which may have helped his snoring, but the back pain and sliding down he experienced made him stop.

I wish I would have known your research on the subject of varicose veins being helped by this therapy. I have some veins which some vascular surgeons disagree about - I guess they can be called mild varicose veins. These developed because of standing for long periods, and were aggravated by sitting for long car trips. The conventional wisdom is to prop the legs up whenever possible. While I don't believe the IBT caused them to hurt more, when they were hurting at their worst the discomfort would keep me awake at night. Logic made it seem that having my feet and legs pointing down while in bed wouldn't help. So I began propping them up while sleeping in the inclined bed position. I know that you've said that this is counterproductive, but propping them up while sleeping seemed to relieve them, (whether that was an accurate assumption I don't know now.)

The inclined position helped with the acid reflux problem greatly. However I had perpetual tightness in my lower back that my chiropractor attributed to sleeping on an incline. I already have uneven muscles from sleeping on my left side most of the time and never on my right. This and the discomfort in my calves prompted me to not prop the bed up after I moved. Since moving I've been sleeping on a horizontal bed again, propping my upper torso up when I want to lie on my back. The veins aren't bothering me currently, however now I believe that this is causing trigger point inflammation in my buttocks, which is causing other problems. I am desperate to solve this dilemma and after finding this site I am considering IBT again.

I also have kidney stones, and I am wondering if you have any data regarding the effects of IBT on these? The increased density of urine concerns me, because I already tend to not drink enough. I believe I read a few key words here about kidney stones, but I could not find the original post. I would greatly appreciate any information you have about this and any ideas about lower back pain. Thank you.