This Very Poor Postural Advice for people with ms from a leading MS charity will increase exacerbations, increase the severity of ms symptoms and accelerate the progression of MS.
Tips & Advice...
• Try to ensure that you get enough sleep - take naps during
the day if necessary. Give yourself permission to rest and put
your feet up whenever possible
• When you feel tired or worn out, stop what you are doing
and have a... rest before you start again - pace yourself
• Don't stand when you can sit down, and don't sit down
when you can lie down
• Be aware of your physical limitations and listen to your body
when it tells you to stop
• You might find that relaxation tapes and gentle music help
you to wind down
• If you know that you have a big event coming up that might
tire you out, make sure that you prepare for it, by getting as
much rest as possible beforehand
Flat bed rest advocated by an ms charity as the panacea for multiple
sclerosis. Yet proven to be a powerful degenerative influence on
healthy people, let alone some one with a neurological condition. There
are a huge amount of publications identifying flat bed rest as anything
but a safe and healthy sanctuary?
How many people with ms have read this harmful information and followed the advice only to find they have deteriorated rapidly?
Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!