40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

Feedback.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1157 by Ozone
Replied by Ozone on topic RE: IBT failures
Now if these doctors incorporated IBT in their regimen....wow.

www.ridgewaymedispa.co.uk/news/281120141...wer-of-chiropractic/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1158 by Ozone
Note that the objective of sports like Pilates is to stretch the spine.

www.healthnowmedical.com/blog/how-autops...cles-of-chiropractic

I conclude this thread by acknowledging Andrews discovery, and noting that IBT is like a chiropractic adjustment all by itself...in addition to enhancing the circulation of the blood, lymph, and cerebrospinal spinal fluid. If the spine is too subluxated though...you might wanna see a chiro. ..then sleep inclined to help the spine regenerate. Good luck.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Ozone.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1164 by Ozone
Three chiropractic adjustments haven't helped my back as much as I expected in the end. Some mobility has increased, felt wonderful after treatment, but then the aches started again. IBT is my only hope to fix the back completely now...as it gently tractions the spine overnight. Got a few more people inclined....but yet again, to really observe the effects of such a treatment needs one to be alive in a vibrant way. Seems most people cannot discern the effects immediately....even if I can see them from just speaking with them.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1165 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic RE: IBT failures
The problem is people seldom complain about feeling better but do complain about feeling aches and pains :)
Not referring to anyone just a general observation over the years.

One thing I would suggest is to drink more water as IBT does have a dehydrating effect as more water evaporates and renal function excretes more waste along with more water.
There is also a distinct possibility that your chiropractor might be missing the spot or have a methodology that fails to produce lasting results.

A good friend again using IBT to sort out her back issues and poor walking and balance had been going to same choiro for years. Changed her Choiro and spine is fantastic.

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!

More
8 years 4 months ago #1166 by sophie
Replied by sophie on topic RE: IBT progress..
Now nearly 3 months on full 5 degrees, my back and other muscle issues are more painful than they were, but sticking with it! Wondered about trying some extra help with osteo/chiro/physio etc (not sure which!) Don't notice any other real changes as yet, other than the initial refreshment.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1167 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic RE: IBT progress..
Hi Sophie,
I would definitely stick with it if I were you. A month or so ago I was getting mild stiffness in my middle back, and it was often a little sore on waking, especially when asleep on my back, but its rarely sore now and I feel its definitely repairing the back issues I have had for years.

Also, make sure the base you are using to prop up your mattress is completely level...mine was not level and was lopsided by only quarter of an inch, but even that tiny amount was enough to give me shoulder pain a few months back, which disappeared upon correcting it with a spirit level.

If you do decide to try chiropractor then be certain to watch the link at the bottom of this post. Finding a GOOD chiropractor is essential so don't jump into accepting the first person you find...its just not worth risking making things worse.

You should also be sure to understand that it will likely take a number of sessions for any real permanent improvement...I made some phone calls a while back and I was told in no uncertain terms that it would take several months treatment to realistically obtain permanent improvements, and in the UK that would cost me quite a bit of money.

It would be a shame to start treatment only to stop half way through due to lack of funds. I was glad I took the time to ring around first instead of just jumping in, and fortunate enough to find an honest enough Osteopath to tell me straight up front what was involved. He wasn't a chiropractor of course, and they may indeed work differently but I personally prefer to stay with IBT for now. Yes, it may take more time but I am not going anywhere, and I am saving money in the process.

Here is the link I mentioned by great chiropractor John Bergman...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sophie

More
8 years 4 months ago #1168 by Ozone
Replied by Ozone on topic RE: IBT progress..
Andrew is your friend on IBT...that tried a different chiro? Do they attribute their improvement to the new chiro or IBT? I am on the second chiro already....and like Paul says, not easy to find a good chiro. A restorative one is even rarer...only ten percent of them are resorative ones. Here is what I think is happening.....
Note that not all spinal nerves have pain receptors...so most of us will not go to a chiro for diabetes but only for pain, when diabetes could easily be caused by a subluxation at T7 I think...thoracic vertebra. Like Sophie there...only becoming conscious when the pain comes...when I am positive she didn't notice other effects all along. :-)
I reckon many of our issues start in the spine....then the body compensates by bending and twisting it...then the spinal muscles and ligaments find a new position to make do...then we slowly get sicker. Here comes IBT that starts tracktioning the spine....mild inflammation starts to repair the damaged area....pain starts....we wonder what to do. Two things can happen....one the spine can eventually resolve by itself on IBT....or you can go twenty years like that. A chiro can then help to straighten the spine and let IBT do the rest. Note also the Chiros do not know IBT...which means all that caution and criteria to find a good one doesn't apply as much anymore for us on incline.
Interesting that most of my patients are also experiencing what Sophie is...initial benefit...then lack of noticing any effects until the back pain starts. My own back pain is improving now....Chiros helped a bit but I reckon they cannot fix it totally...IBT will.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1169 by Ozone
Replied by Ozone on topic RE: IBT progress..
Would be valuable though to see how the spine improves by
X-ray whilst on IBT. One can also see why Chiros get a bad rep....many people need an adjustment every month indefinitely.....I believe IBT could change this. Once the CSF and lymph circulation kick in they way they should the spine can heal when given the chance. ..I.e. If not too kincked. Andrew reports a friend of his resolved her scoliosis by IBT alone...almost. I also wonder if the cerebral palsy kid did any chiro...!
Like with most areas of medicine....everyone is correct and wrong at the same time....if Chiros incorporated IBT it would enhance their work. The second one I went to when I mentioned IBT she looked at me dumbly....and said perhaps it wasn't beneficial to traction a kincked spine...could cause harm she said. The first chiro just nodded and feigned interest. Next patient.
Now have a medical doctor friend of mine on incline. We will see.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1172 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic RE: IBT progress..
This might be a long shot, but could it be the type of mattress your using? We use a memory foam mattress, Initially we used a sprung fabric mattress but found it distorted over time, due to different loading on springs.

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sophie