40 dollar inclined bed frame ibt 1Inclined Bed Therapy:  Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free.  Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture, by Andrew K Fletcher.  Read the Success Stories.  Check the Forum.

Has Anyone Read This Article About Inclined Sleeping By Sydney Ross Singer?

• jamiem83
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #1434 by jamiem83
Hi, I'm new to the forum and IBT. I just put my bed up about 6 inches a couple nights ago and so far so good. I feel more refreshed and have had some dreams two nights in a row after going months without remembering any dreams. Anyway, I just read this article, www.hawaiireporter.com/heads-up-the-way-...-may-be-killing-you/ and she talks about studying sleep position as a medical anthropologist. I thought it was refreshing to read her talk about much of what I have read here, although a 10 degree incline as she talks about seems pretty high. Give it a read. Also, if anyone sleeping in a King size bed 80" long with a middle support can help me get the incline just right it would be much appreciated. I have the head side legs raised up a bit over 6" and am trying to figure out how high to raise the middle supports. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #1435 by Andrew
Hi, Welcome to our forum. And yes I'm familiar with Syd Singer, and have spoken with him. He advocates a sitting posture, with upper half of bed raised and legs flat. He used to raise beds higher than 10 degrees. Problems with sitting are numerous. He also recommends people should sleep on their backs and in the sitting posture, it's hard to imagine how you could sleep on your sides or tummy, due to the way our joints work. Better to rotate on a level but inclined bed surface.
This chart will help you with the angle for your bed. inclinedbedtherapy.com/faq/bed-size-raise-chart

Gravity, Learn to live with it, because you can't live without it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.